Thursday, October 7, 2010

First Day of Class!

My first day of class was interesting to say the least. It brought back many memories of my middle school days, which haven't been too long ago but long enough for me not to cringe at the thought of 7th grade Spanish class anymore.

I started the day waking up at 6:30am, which for a long term night person (and loving it ) was a drastic change in pace. :) I arrived at school about a half hour before classes began and was introduced to all the teachers I would be helping out throughout the semester. I will be helping 4 teachers in total throughout the semester, ranging from 7th-8th grade.

I'm not sure why I didn't expect it, but I was surprised to see how each class and teacher had their own unique personality. One class could be filled with excitement verging on chaos while the next could be a routine by the book structured class.

I am excited to see what the rest of the semester has in store for me.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about each class having its own personality. It's really strange how it just happens that way. And not sure why the same teacher, with the same subject can have such different classes, but it happens. What do the teachers have you doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really exciting! Do you notice a large difference in how the classes are structured and the types of instructors drawn in to the field, compared to your school days?

    ReplyDelete