Saturday, November 6, 2010

Spelling Bee

This last Friday was the schools yearly spelling bee. The middle school I work at consists of only 7th and 8th grade. The spelling bee incorporated both grades. I was surprised by how many students participated in the spelling bee (about 40 or so).

There were some pretty tough words thrown out there the kids had to spell that I definitely would have spelt wrong. The enthusiasm coming for the student audience was funny to watch. Towards the end of the bee, when there were only three students left, the crowd was going nuts!

I was able to participate in the bee while a teacher had to attend a meeting. I was in charge of making sure the students were in their correct order when it was their turn to spell.

It was pretty fun day.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Ian, spelling bee! I believe you had a fun time with those kids. Not only to mention that I have seen this type of competition on television shows, but also I was involved in it when I was in grade school. It does not look fun as it sounds when you are actually the one performing. However, I would admit that my words were not difficult as what you described here and what I have seen.

    ReplyDelete