Saturday, November 6, 2010

Teaching My First Class

The other day I was able to teach a class for the first time. The teacher I was assisting for this particular class was out for the day and she instructed the substitute teacher to have me handle the lesson for the day.

It was an interesting experience that allowed me to get actual face time teaching in front of a class. Luckily the class I was teaching were a bunch of good kids so it went pretty smooth.

I walked away with the though that becoming a good teacher takes plenty of practice and does not happen over night.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! I can only imagine the challenge of teaching a class for the first time. Students can sometimes determine early if they can get away with misbehaving. It is awesome that you got to work with some good kids for your first time!

    ReplyDelete